Project title: Benefits and constraints of joint decision making in Romania. From public participation to collaborative Environmental Impact Assessment
Project number: PN-III-P1-1.1-TE-2019-1039
Contract no.: TE 51/28.08.2020
Funding body: Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation Funding (UEFISCDI)
Budget: 431.900 RON
Andreea Niță – Principal investigator coordinator
Laurentiu Rozylowicz – Senior researcher
Mihai Răzvan Niță – researcher
Athanasios Alexandru Gavilidis – Post-doctoral researcher
Constantina Alina Hossu – Post-doctoral researcher
Cristina Mitincu – Ph.D. student
The goal of the project is to develop a novel framework for increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of the Environmental Impact Assessment process by exploring the interplay between actors and providing practical solutions for a proper collaboration for sustainable development.
– to investigate the EIA studies quality and identify the roles of EIA actors within every stage of the procedure to positively influence the EIA outcome;
– to identify the main benefits, issues and common conflicts of the EIA procedure at national and international level;
– to identify the predictors of successful and participatory EIA, by analyzing the efficiency, constraints, and hierarchy of involved actors;
– to evaluate the fragmentation and connectedness of EIA networks, by identifying critical network hubs and opportunities to strengthen connections, using state-of-the-art multilevel models for cross-sectional EIA networks.
– to assess strategic networking opportunities, predict alternative network scenarios, fortify the linkages between decision-makers, practitioners, and stakeholders at international, national, and local levels.
Nita A., Rozylowicz L. (2020) Dynamics of the international environmental treaties – perspectives for future cooperation. Proceedings of the 2020 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining – Accepted
Nita A., Rozylowicz L. (2020) Dynamics of the international environmental treaties – perspectives for future cooperation. 2020 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM), 7-10 December, The Hague, Netherlands (virtual)
Mitincu C.G., Hossu. A., Gavrilidis A., Nita M.R., Nita A. (2020) Benefits and constraints of joint decision making in Romania. From public participation to collaborative Environmental Impact Assessment. The 2nd International Conference on “Re-shaping Territories, Environment and Societies: New Challenges for Geography” 20 – 21 November, Bucharest, Romania
Gavrilidis A.A., Mirea A., Niță A., Motoiu G.A., Magdici M. (2020) Assessing the media portrayal of high-profile investments in relation with the Environmental Impact Assessment procedure, The 2nd International Conference on “Re-shaping Territories, Environment and Societies: New Challenges for Geography” 20 – 21 November, Bucharest, Romania
Mitincu C.G., Iojă I.C., Hossu C.A., Artmann M., Niță A., Niță M.R., (2020) Content analysis as a tool for evaluating the sustainability of environmental permits, The 8th European Environmental Evaluators Network Forum (EEEN2020) Environmental Evaluation Supporting the Implementation of SDGs and Transformative Policymaking, 4-5 November, Finnish Environment Institute, Online
Nita. A., Hossu A.C., Mitincu C.G., Gavrilidis A.A., Niță M.R. (2020) Multilateral agreements cooperation to minimize environmental impact (poster presentation). ELI/IALE Conference, 6-8 September, Bucharest, Romania
Work in progress