Position: Research Director
- Wildlife ecology
- Spatial ecology
- Governance of environmental resources
- LIFE ROsalia Conservation of saproxylic beetles in the Carpathians, LIFE19 NAT/RO/000023, European Union – The Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME)
- Invasive alien species management in Romania, according to Regulation (EU) No 1143/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 October 2014 on the prevention and management of the introduction and spread of invasive alien species, ERDF SMIS 120008, Ministry of European Funds, Romania
- Marian D. Mirea: Spatial ecology and conservation of Rosalia longicorn in Romania (starting in 2020)
- Nicolae Manta: Governance of alien invasive species in Romania (starting in 2020)
Graduated Ph.D. students:
- Iulia V. Miu: Systematic conservation planning of Natura 2000 sites from Romania (graduated in 2020)
- Steluta Manolache: The governance of Natura 2000 sites in Romania. A social network perspective (graduated in 2019)
- Ioan M. Pop: Brown bear conservation in the Romanian Eastern Carpathians (graduated in 2019)
- Miu I.V., Rozylowicz L., Popescu V.D., Anastasiu P. (2020) Identification of areas of very high biodiversity value to achieve the EU Biodiversity Strategy for 2030 key commitments. PeerJ 8:e10067
- Hartel T., Nita A., Rozylowicz L. (2020) Understanding human-nature connections through value networks: the case of ancient wood-pastures of Central Romania, Sustainability Science 15, 1357–136
- Rozylowicz L., Nita A., Manolache S., Popescu V.D., Hartel T. (2019) Navigating protected areas networks for improving diffusion of conservation practices. Journal of Environmental Management 230: 413-421.
- Popescu V., Pop M., Chiriac S., Rozylowicz L. (2019) Romanian carnivores at a crossroads. Science 364 (6445): 1041.
- Hartel T., Scheele B.C., Vanak A.T., Rozylowicz L., Linnell J.D.C., Ritchie E.G. (2019) Mainstreaming large carnivore-human coexistence through institutional collaboration. C Conservation Biology 33(6): 1256-1265.
- Rozylowicz L., Bodescu F.P., Ciocanea C.M., Gavrilidis A.A., Manolache S., Matache M.L., Miu I.V., Moale I.C., Nita A., Popescu V.D.(2019) Empirical analysis and modeling of Argos Doppler location errors in Romania. PeerJ 7:e6362.
- Rozylowicz L., Nita A., Manolache S., Ciocanea C.M., Popescu V.D. (2017), Recipe for success: A network perspective of partnership in nature conservation. Journal for Nature Conservation 38: 21-29
- Popescu, V.D., Artelle, K., Pop M., Manolache S., Rozylowicz L. (2016), Assessing biological realism of wildlife population estimates in data-poor systems. Journal of Applied Ecology 53(4): 1248-1259
- Popescu V.D., Rozylowicz L., Niculae M.I., Cucu L.A., Hartel T. (2014), Species, Habitats, Society: An evaluation of research supporting EU’s Natura 2000 network, PLoS ONE 9(11):e113648
- PLOS One (Associate Editor)
- Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution (Associate Editor in Conservation)
- Frontiers in Environmental Science (Associate Editor in Conservation)
Contact: laurentiu.rozylowicz [at] g.unibuc.ro