- Environmental policy and planning
- Ecosystem services
- Collaborative decision making
- Environmental conflicts
Recent research projects:
- Developing novel collaborative planning approaches to increase cities sustainability, Project number PN-III-P1-1.1-TE-2019-1009, Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research, UEFISCDI, 2020-2022, project coordinator
- Benefits and constraints of joint decision making in Romania. From public participation to collaborative Environmental Impact Assessment, Project number PN-III-P1-1.1-TE-2019-1039, Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research, UEFISCDI, 2020-2022, post-doc researcher
- Methodology to evaluate the quality and the effectiveness of environmental planning, Project number PN-III-P1-1.1-PD-2016-0248, Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research, UEFISCDI, 2018-2020, project coordinator
- Nature-based solutions for increasing cities resilience and sustainability, Project number PN-III-P4-ID-PCE-2016-0635, 2017-2019, Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research, UEFISCDI, post-doc researcher
- Experimental Methods for Ecosystems Services Assessment of Urban Lakes under Climate Changes, PN-III-P2-2.1-PED-2016-1300, 2017-2018, Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research, UEFISCDI, post-doc researcher
- Methodology for management and resolution of environmental conflicts in Natura 2000 sites, Project number PN-II-RU-TE-2014-4-0673, 2015-2017, Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research, UEFISCDI, post-doc researcher
- Hossu C.A., Ioja I.C., Mitincu C.G., Artmann M., Hersperger A.M. (2020), An evaluation of environmental plans quality: addressing the rational and communicative perspectives. Journal of Environmental Management, 256, 109984.
- Hossu C.A., Ioja I.C., Patroescu M., Dușa A., Hersperger A.M. (2019) Dispute resolution and collaborative decision making. What accounts for their effectiveness? The case of Romania. Sustainability, 11, 7072.
- Hossu C.A., Iojă I.C., Onose D.A., Niță M.R., Popa A.M., Talabă O., Inostroza L. (2019), Ecosystem services appreciation of urban lakes in Romania. Synergies and trade-offs between multiple users, Ecosystem Services, 37, 100937
- Hossu C.A., Ioja I.C., Susskind L., Badiu D.L., Hersperger A.M. (2018) Factors driving collaboration in natural resource conflict management: Evidence from Romania. Ambio, 1-15
- Hossu C.A., Ioja I.C., Nita M.R., Hartel T., Badiu D.L., Hersperger A.M. (2017) Need for a cross-sector approach in protected area management. Land Use Policy, 69, 586-597
- Badiu L.D, Iojă C.I, Breuste J., Artmann M., Pătroescu M., Niță M.R., Grădinaru S.R., Hossu C.A., Onose D.A. (2016) Is urban green space per capita a valuable target to achieve cities’ sustainability goals? Romania as a case study, Ecological Indicators 70, 53-66.
- Hossu (Tudor) C.A., Iojă, I.C., Rozylowicz L., Stupariu I., Hersperger A.M. (2015), Similarities and differences in the assessment of land-use associations by local people and experts, Land Use Policy, 49, 341-351.
- Hersperger A.M., Ioja C.I., Steiner F., Hossu (Tudor) C.A. (2015). Comprehensive consideration of conflicts in the land-use planning process: a conceptual contribution. Carpath. J. Earth Environ. Sci., 10, 5–13.
- Hossu (Tudor) C.A., Iojă I.C., Stupariu I., Niță M., Hersperger A. (2014), How successful is the resolution of land-use conflicts? A comparison of cases from Switzerland and Romania, Applied Geography, 47, 125-136.